Friday, June 3, 2011

The Reverend

There was a defining moment in my life when I realized if I wanted to dance with someone, I had to ask them because they may never ask me. The first time I had the courage to do so; I asked Henry Jenkins, or The Reverend. He is not really a Reverend, in fact far from one. Six years later, we are still dancing together.

The Reverend wrote a book and I am so proud of him self-publishing it. (I am loosely written into the character Juliana). He singed my copy of “The Chicken Shack” and the inscription brought me back to the first night we danced together. I told him “I want to dance with you!” To this day, I am still known for picking out the best dancer in the joint and dragging him to the dance floor.

“The Chicken Shake” is a murder mystery that I absolutely was sucked into and could not put down. It reads close to my heart because so many of the places in the book are places here or around San Antonio. Not sure how The Reverend pulled so many strings but the book is already available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Kindle. Soon, he will be doing a book signing in town and a radio interview on a radio station in New Braunfels.

Way to go Cat Daddy! I LOVE the book!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta love him for trying... he posted the comment below but it didn't post...

    What can I say, when most beautiful woman in the place says she wants to dance, you look around to make sure she's talking to you. Wowski, what a dancer.

    I love you, Rojas and I'm thrilled you enjoyed the read. I'll be following your pedals as you push east. You're my Boston bound ba-b-by!

    ReplyDelete