Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CR Friends

CrossRoad friends are lifers. These are the kind of friends that once you meet you will remain friends forever. There is a bond that unites us and keeps us glued together with each pedal and every mile.

It has been said that two hundred people a year attempt to ride their bike across America, supported and unsupported. We are a small number but our determination and will power is enormous.

Our stories are all different. We come from different parts of the world, from different cultures, and varied ages. We are untied because we have the same dream and desire- to ride a bike across America.

CrossRoads 2009:
Standing on the beach in May 2009, I did not know I would be so close to these people standing with me. My XC09 family is dear to my heart because I started this journey with them. It still surprises me the support I receive from them, even to this day.


CrossRoads 2010:
Although I am not in this picture, I feel so much a part of this group. This was the longest tour of 21 days and close to 1400 miles.

CrossRoads 2011:
These riders welcomed me as a rider from Champaign to Boston. This group is outgoing and lively and I felt right at home from day one.


With every mile we return to self and turn into kids again. We play out on the roads riding our bikes. We share stories, laughter and tears. It is never good bye but only I will see you again, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment