Sunday, June 19, 2011

DAY 12: Sun June 19

We rode 68 miles to Syracuse, New York, the home of the women’s right hall of fame and the birthplace of Memorial Day. We passed by the Erie Canal Park and it was very scenic. As my ole friend Herman Floyd would say, “It don’t get any better than this.”

Total miles: 70.22
Time on bike: 6:19
Total calories: 3204
Total elevation: 2454



My knees are holding up. I am convinced it’s my gears and I keep pounding the pedals. I am not used to the terrain and climbing so I keep grinding it out more than I should.

68 miles and 6 hours on the bike and I am trying to forget about the map incident. I am still sore about the map. I know, I know, I keep telling myself, “Let it go”. I remind myself that I have a map and a black marker at home and I can make my own map. Hopefully, I will get over it by Boston.



When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with “Welcome Crossroads Cyclst” on our door. There is not much going on other than riding, eating, and some much needed laundry that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment