Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Barbie to Boston



My third and final tour across America brings me a mix of excitement and nervousness. This is the grand finale and I still doubt my strength. There are a handful of XC09ers joining me for part or all of the ride and their support have shown me the CrossRoad riders are friends that I will have a life time.

Today is my last day of work until June 27 and I will miss my home away from home and the friends that I spend most of my time with. I am thankful for my employer and manager for being flexible with my vacation time. I feel extremely lucky to have the opportunity to have this time to explore America.

I will miss my growing family. By growing I mean Dad’s new girlfriend, Lydia and Wendy, Michael’s girlfriend. (My nephew recently moved her from Alabama.) I will miss my girl Roxy and her paws kicking my side every night.

I wonder what the likely hood of getting Hottie to do laundry at the end of the day. Maybe if I get the coins and beer together, he might do the wash. Along with my stats for the day, I will include a new category. It will be: Total beer consumed at route rap. The goal, of course, is to only have one.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Barbie. We wish you SAFE TRAVELS and good weather to Boston. We'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie,

    Several people are going to approach you soon and give you a hug - it's from me.

    Have a safe and wonderful ride. I wish I were there.

    RSRO,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Barbie. May the wind be at your back and the hills be down.
    Dan D.

    ReplyDelete