Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fight With The Road

Fought with the road and the road won. Went out for a 65 mile ride and 18.86 miles in, Grant and I got too close and the winds got the best of us.

Grant’s new gloves, shorts and jersy were torn as my bike padded our fall. In shock and numb, all I think about is the trip. How will I recover and will my bike be ok?

Worried that my wrist is broken, I wanted to get some peace of mind. My wrist is only sprained, confirmed by the ER doctor.

Bike damage is bad. Handlebars, wrap, gear covers, three spokes, and seat. I have a sprained wrist, road rash on knee, thigh, elbow, an ache body, and sore ego. I guess it could be worse. I am more upset about the miles I did not get in and the duration that it now takes to type.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! Ditto to Ira's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have time to recover. Remember the scars will make good cocktail conversation.

    Getter better

    Ty

    ReplyDelete