Thursday, May 13, 2010

Homesick

Yes, I realize have not yet left but I am already homesick. Before leaving for work, I crawled back into bed and watched Robert sleep. I am emotional like that.
I can not help but think about all the things I am grateful for and the people I will miss while I am away.

At spin class, I was climbing Mt. Mingus. I closed my eyes and moved the setting to the hardest setting, found my pace, and climbed. When I couldn’t climb any more, I remembered getting off my bike to admire the view. I caught my breath and climbed some more, with a huge smile on my face.

Rich will meet me sometime next Thursday and is available to take me to the nearest bike shop in case anything is needed for my bike. He tells me the weather is crazy in ABQ. It snowed a week ago. One day it will be 45 degrees and the next day it will be 90 degrees. There are other days, in May, where the “March winds” are blowing at 60 MPH.

My parents and Robert will be flying out with me. They will follow me up to Santa Fe where we will spend the rest day together. It means the world that Mom will be seeing me on part of the trip. Their support has been tremendous!

No comments:

Post a Comment