Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 8: 39 miles to Liberal, KS 39 miles



The fifth State Line Crossing, Land of Oz, Yellow Brick Road

Distance: 39.36
Total elevation: 414
Calories: 2254
Average speed: 14.7
Time on bike: 2:40

Every morning I ask Him to give me what I need to make it through the day. He does.

The evening can be hard as far as recovery goes. There isn’t a night that goes by where I don’t think I can ride the next day. My body is still vibrating from the road, my legs hurt, and my shoulders are sore. But, I do as I am told and drink chocolate milk and eat my fill of food.

Something miraculous happens through the night. I wake up ready to pedal. When I get on my bike, I feel great. My body seems to be adjusting to the routine and the miles become more bearable.

My legs are in the grove and I am able to see get ride time with the others.

Compared to the previous days, today was a short 40 mile ride. It is nice to be in the hotel room early to catch up.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your updates. You are doing so great! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will recognize the photo next to my blog when you pass it tomorro !!! Enjoy !!!

    ReplyDelete