Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yoga

It’s been about two years since I started practicing yoga. At the beginning, I never really like it but forced myself to go so I could stretch. After all, I never stretch after bike rides or work outs.

About three months ago, I started going to the 1PM yoga class here at USAA. Connie teaches and she is amazing. She has gotten me to bend and fold into new posses that I would have never imagined before.

Another reason why I enjoy yoga so much is because it is not competitive. It is what you can do for that day. Every day is different. You accept the day for what it is and appreciate what you can do, for that moment. If you are practicing yoga, you are doing yoga.

Leave it to me to make yoga competitive. I find myself looking around the room to see how flexible everyone else in the room is. This so goes against all the principles of yoga. I look around any way. I get mad at myself when other people can cross their legs and place them on top of the other. My hips are too stiff and my legs don’t do this. On the other hand, I have crow down packed! I amaze myself when I end up with bruises on my triceps from balancing my knees on my arms.

These days my body is sore. Workouts two times a day, hurts my body. Yoga is getting harder. I don’t know if it is my body or if it is Connie pushing me to get better each time I practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment