Friday, January 1, 2010

The End of 2009


I guess you can say its part of my training, but I keep track of my miles for the year. I am anal like that.

Walk/run miles: 405
Biking miles: 3218.9
Swimming miles: 9.8
Number of workouts at the USAA gym: 224

The most biking miles I have is 2997 in 2007. Needless to say that I am happy that I broke that record this year considering I was off my bike with a bum knee for about two months. Ira, a friend from cross roads, had ten thousand miles so I have lots to catch up on. I am happy beating my last record.

The last day of the year I still had some stomach issues but was insistent on having a good time. We had dinner at Delores Del Rio, an Italian restaurant on the river walk. They feature belly dancers that dance through the already close tables. We brought in the New Year at the Republic of Texas. They have a DJ that plays top 40 tunes plus some salsa music which meant we were able to get a few dances in.

At around 11 o’clock I made my way to the rest room to shake off my stomach troubles. I finally get to the stall only to hear Robert standing at the door of the ladies room yelling “Is there a Barbie in there? Barbie get out here, they are playing some music we can dance to.” My pants were barely buttoned and my stomach turning, I sucked it up. All the ladies patted my back and lead me out the door for encouragement.

People left the dance floor and those watching cheered us on. A group of friendly folks said we looked like dancing with the stars. We still have a ways to go but it was a nice compliment. Fireworks, blow horns, and a hopeful new year sparkled in my eyes. I feel so luck and blessed to have had such a wonderful 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment