Monday, January 11, 2010

Excitement

You would think that after ten years of bike riding that I would eventually get bored of it. It is not happening. If anything, I get more excited about bike rides.

I have been waking up at 5AM to sit on my bike that sits on a trainer that sits in my kitchen- and I STILL get excited. I wake up at least two or three times a night wondering when my alarm clock is going to go off, just so I can ride my bike.

I have tried taking sleeping pills so that I can sleep through the night but it doesn’t work. I still wake up thinking about my bike.

Once on my bike, I turn up the music and get into my zone. It feels like I am on the road. It is my meditation for the day. I clear my mind and resolve the troubles of the world.

Some call me crazy; others say that I am obsessed. I call it love.

Last night I had a dream that I was on the CrossRoads tour, riding across America. The group consisted of the reality show stars from “Jersey Shores”. After our rides, we would hang out, go do our nails, sit in a tanning salon, and then go shopping. You can say I live, breath, and sleep bike riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment