Monday, January 4, 2010

Training

It is not a resolution but part of my training. This morning I woke up at 5AM, the same time I would wake up if I were commuting, and rode my bike on my trainer for forty-five minutes. The same time it would take me to get to work. I am a wimp and can’t handle the cold weather on the commute in or the commute home for that matter.

To eliminate some of the boredom, I rode next to my portable DVD player and watched “The Wedding Crashers”. I may finish the movie or try music on Wednesday. I still get bored and image chasing Bill or Brian on the road and up the last hills. The final turn on to campus is always a heart pounder. Turning left with the traffic wakes me up. Images of dancing on my pedals float in my mind as I ride. I always have to be alert and watch for those potholes on Huebner Road. Those darn holes are hard to see in the dark. My imagination helps me pass the time.

The plan is to sit on the trainer Monday and Wednesday morning’s then practice yoga on my lunch break. Tuesday and Thursday I was going to swim but the cold weather changed my mind and I think it will turn that time into a muscle strength time. Those days I will also attend spin class at lunch. Fridays are off days. Ride one day on the weekend.

I wonder how long this idea will last. A day, a week or being lofty enough, until May and until the time I leave for my trip. Either that or I will fall over from exhaustion and my teeth will start floating from all the red bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment