Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week Off

Doctor’s orders, no working out for a week- and stay off the bike. No jumping around so my body can heal. Yoga is ok. My doctor must not realize that power yoga is more strenuous than riding a bike. Even wearing high heals; my body seems to shake more than my body does on a bike.

At the beginning of last week I had a biopsy taken to test for cervical cancer. It is not the possible outcome of the test that has preoccupied me but the lack of activity that the doctor ordered. No bike riding. My body does not know the concept of sitting still. It was like a death sentence.

Embarrassed by the possible symptoms that would or could occur, I kept all this to myself. Luckily, I have experienced minimal side affects.

A rider friend was the first to hear about my test. I had to explain my sudden lack of interest in not riding. I called R and cried on the phone. I reapplied my make-up three times while at work to hide my sadness. My sister was next to listen to my tears. It took me a day to work up the courage before I finally told my mother.

Against my doctor’s orders, I continued to ride but only half the normal time. I crapped so bad that I only did that once. Oaky, twice. The tests came back with nothing to be alarmed but because of my family history, the doc is cautious with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment