Thursday, May 28, 2009

Keep Smiling

As I walk on campus, I look around and feel a great sense of accomplishment. I have a sheepish smile on my face thinking that I know something that you don’t know. Some may never know this feeling. It seems like normal activities bore me. Nothing is as challenging any more. I do know that I can push myself to a new limit that I have never known before. I only hope that others can experience this same kind of pleasure.

The first day of my trip, I remember asking Nancy, “What would possible posses someone to ride across America more than once”? Her response was, “You will find out. Once you get the bug you won’t want to stop.” It’s true. She is right. I don’t want to stop.

During spin class my legs just pedaled. Not knowing a speed or grade, I just keep moving my legs. I looked around and noticed that I may have been the only one getting a good work out. My legs now know what it is like to climb mountains. You just keep pedaling. Breath. Pedal. Get your rhythm. Repeat.

The muscle pump class brought me back to a familiar squat exercise that I would practice while using the bathroom on the side of the road. Bend your knees and stick your bottom out. On the road, I would add, watch your shoes and make sure your shoes don’t get wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment