Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 19: 107 miles to Springfield, IL

Day 19: 107 miles to Springfield, IL. Harrold and Roy must have made a secret pact and decided to slow down and ride me into Springfield starting at mile 40. One was in front of me and the other in the back the entire time. It was nice not having to pull and be pushed in for most of the miles.

Distance: 108.5
Total elevation: Ops, deleted it before I wrote it down. I believe it was about 3000 feet in the first 30 miles of the day.
Calories: 5125
Average speed: 13.0
Time on bike: 7:31

Thanks Tom for snapping this photo right before crossing the bridge.






As I ride through all these towns, I realize that it’s the weather and the people that make the trip. I have to search my heart and find the will inside me so that I can accomplish what I have set out to do.

This was an easy century ride for me. I had a pull and great company to guide me in. Not only that, a guest in the lobby who came by to say hi. It was a highlight of the trip for me.

2 comments:

  1. Champ did deliver my hug, didn't he?

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hello to Champ for me.

    Remember when you go through your list of bands tomorrow and get to R. REO Speedwagon. There is a street named after them.

    Be safe and one pedal stroke at a time.

    ReplyDelete