Monday, November 30, 2009

Gotta Love Her!

Roxy is one of those things where you have to be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.



Roxy is a long hair jack Russell. You know, like the Frasier dog. While I was shopping around for a dog, I decided that I wanted an active dog to go with my active personality. I could never imagine a lap dog. I needed a dog that I could run and hike with. Even one that I could ride my bike and could run along side me. A companion always ready for the beach.

Her favorite toy seems to be the ball with feet at the bottom. She chews off the feet and has taken the squeaky maker out of the orange ball. The red ball is hidden on Saturday mornings because at 7AM sharp, she jumps on my chest and starts squeaking the ball in my face.

She tickles my nose and licks my toes. She wakes me to play and greets me at the door. Why doesn't everyone wag their tail like that when they see me?



Did you notice the corner of the quilt? She chews on my sheets and my cycling socks. It is the norm to have muddy prints on the couch and comforter.



When I leave water bottle tops on the end table, she sneaks them in the back yard to be forever lost. I caught her on the sofa arm sniffing at the nativity scene. I hope baby Jesus doesn’t end up nibbled on in the back yard. Even as I type this, I found Baby Jesus on His side and the two lambs upside down. A little muddy and always ready to play, she is my girl, beard and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment