Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 2: 62 miles to Lake View

There is something about a road leading into the distance and watching the sunrise that brings me to my heaven.  After I lathered up with butt butter and SPF 85, I put on a new pair of sock and jersey shorts, and knew it was going to be a good day.

The RAGBRI spirit is to ride to the first stop, drink.  Ride to the next stop, drink.  The day progresses with constant drink stops- and I don’t mean water or Gatorade stops.  I don’t ride fast but I powered through the day.  Yesterday’s ride made me very nervous sharing the road with inexperienced and drunk bike riders, so today I started riding at 6AM to get past all the weaving bike riders.  The plan worked and was pleased that I was not on constant alert.


The trailer situation is not so bad, after I found a pair of ear plugs.  Last night I was able to go to sleep at a respectable hour and plenty of rest. The two chaps spend their day and night chasing whiskey and women. The rest of us enjoy sitting in the AC trailer reading and sipping wine.  We started asking Tim to explain things in 10 words or less.  It is quite entertaining because his usual is 30 minutes on any given topic.


I experienced my first navy shower (a shower from a water hose) because I hate having to pay $6 for a shower stall and waiting until they open.


If you’re the praying kind… Dear Baby Jesus, please keep Barbie safe from all the drunken bike riders.  And if she plans to drink, keep Barbie safe from herself.   Please continue to place the all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinners in close proximity to her camp sight and no lines at the shower.  I pray that Barbie keeps the rubber on the road. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment