Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 1: 54 miles to Cherokee, Iowa

The MIFI connection isn’t quite what I was hoping for and the internet connection is spotty.  Yes, I know that there is like 5 posts from the previous day and will fix when I get a better connection.

Today’s ride was a different experience for me. There are thousands of riders in front and another thousand behind, that you must be alert at all times.  This is more of a party atmosphere than a bike ride but enjoying the ride most of all.


Along the way I saw my friends Kara Bunce and Dan Scott.  Also rode with Ray on the recumbent (from XC11).  I wore my ECT jersey and received many welcoming military gestures and compliments.


Going with the RAGBRI theme: You can’t say you drank all day unless you start in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment