Thursday, March 7, 2013

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

The lady behind the counter asked me how I know Mr. Alaniz, to which I turned giddy and blushed. In a school girl tone, I responded, “He is my fiancé”. As I walked away I thought, can I be any more cheesy? It was like she was singing,“Barbie and Ricky sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G”. She was not singing anything. It was only in my head.
 
There are times when I am head-over-heals and it is times like this that I am reminded that I always want to be in the newlywed stage forever. Right now, we still enjoy spending all our time together. And when I say, “all our time”, it is like every minute of every day. Yes, I know that will wear out eventually. But, I am so enjoying this feeling right now.
 
I took a week of vaca before our vaca to get our things ready for our trip. Some how I ended up doing chores and cooking all week. Less chores and more bike riding, yoga, and naps- please. Totally, I am not complaining. There is something gratifying to keeping a home and preparing our meals; which of course the mister talks to me as I cook and then we eat together.
 
This blushing bride will wait another month before our wedding.  We had to postpone our wedding, for the second time due to a more pressing matter. It is all okay and I keep singing,“Barbie and Ricky sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G”.

No comments:

Post a Comment