Wednesday, February 13, 2013

BSF

My last night of BSF, Bible Study Fellowship, was harder than I thought it would be and I started to cry as I said good-bye to my wonderful friends.
Mom first introduced me to BSF, twelve years ago, and we attended the Wednesday daytime class while I was in college.  I have been lucky enough to attend the Monday evening class and Tuesday evening class.
While at the Tuesday evening class, I volunteerd to assist in the sound booth and start the music and give sound to the sanctuary during class.  It is an honor to be a part of an organization whose mission is to spread the word of God across thirty-eight nations all over the world.
This year’s study of Genesis was impactful on my life as I studied how Abraham was obedient to follow his faith.  It was a reminder that we all make mistakes- but God is a forgiving God and He always brings His people back.  Abraham lead a satisfying life, had a son Isaac when he was beyond his years, had a son with many descendants, and even found a faithful wife, Rebekah, for the son he almost sacrificed.
Bible Study is a large part of my week and it has grown over the years. I have met lifelong friends and have enjoyed countless hours of fellowship.  As life changes, I figured it was time to settle in to the house, life, and marriage.  Once the dust settles, I hope to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment