Monday, February 11, 2013

Bikini Bod


In my head I am in my twenties and strutting my stuff. Is there an unspoken rule that one must stop wearing bikinis after the age of, let’s say, late thirties?
 
When the mister said something about wearing matching UT swim suites for spring break I started to seriously consider the thought of acting like a college girl (again) and wear a white and burnt orange ruffled bikini to chase da boyz around.  Come to think of it, things haven’t changed all that much expect that da boyz are an eight and a six year old.

It was fun remembering how to explain to my parents as to why I was wondering around the market in Mexico, without any shoes on and wearing just my bathing suite; only to blame my hangover on the ice from the margaritas.
These days I am much smarter about sitting on the beach. I can never get my youthful un-freckled skin back.  One thing is for certain: drinking piƱa colas from a coconut is a blast, no matter your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment