Thursday, September 11, 2014

Half Way

The thing about pregnancy is I can use it as an excuse for pretty much anything and it works ALL the time. 

·         If I’m running late, it is because “the baby” is tired and we were taking a nap.  One day I slept until noon and I have not done that since my college days.
·         If I am eating too much, it is because “the baby” is hungry and I have to feed him. 
·         If the music in the car is too loud, it is because I am trying to provide culture for “the baby”.  He can hear, after all.
·         If I eat too much desert, it is because “the baby” wanted something sweet.

The list can go on and on. 


For me, pregnancy has taken some time to get adjusted to.  I cannot work out as much as I used to because my energy is not there. I get dizzy more often and I am slowing down.  Usually thirty-minutes is about all I can take at one time.  To adjust, I work out in 30 minute increments, once in the morning and once in the evening. 

I used to be able to run around all day doing the this’s and that’s that make up life, but these days I have to tell da mister to slow it down or leave me at home.  I get bummed out because I hate feeling like I am missing things; but I have to save my energy for the most important thing of the day - whatever it is that day.


We have hit a mile stone and I am twenty weeks along, half way through my pregnancy.  It is hard to believe that there is another human, a baby boy, growing inside of me.  To date, I still have not felt him move.  But, I know he is there because we hear his heart beat at the doctor’s appointments.

Often I hear ladies say that they love being pregnant.  I can not say that but I am not miserable either.  I have had six days that I stayed in bed and only two week of being queasy at weeks six and seven.  Pregnancy for me, has been pretty easy so far. 

It is a running joke at our house is, “Really, I am not fat. I am pregnant.” Or, “The more I go to the gym, the more weight I gain.” There are days that I ask myself if I am fat.  To answer, I see if my wedding rings will fit.  It is all in good fun because I am enjoying watching my belly grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment