Sunday, September 14, 2014

Granny

While growing up, we had a neighbor that lived to the left of us.  My mom befriended and nursed Linda for many years until Linda's death.  Mom always had a way of opening her heart to so many people and doing anything in her will to help that person.  My mom loved the way Linda’s grandchildren adorn fully referred to Linda as “Granny”.  My mom loved the name so much that she insisted that her grandchildren refer to her too as, Granny. 


Today, I wanted to tell my mom that she is going to be a Granny again.  I am confident that she already knows, but Granny, you are having another grandson. The maternal21 test and my last ultrasound confirmed that I am indeed having a BabyBoy.  Last night, while I settled in for the night, I felt BabyBoy move for the first time.  It was as magical as everyone says it would be and I wish I could have called you to tell you.


I always try to look forward and embrace the acceptance of my bonus mom, Nina.  All the things that I always dreamed my mom doing, Nina has naturally stepped into shoes that I thought nobody would ever fill. Ironically Nina wants to be called “Grammy” by her grandchildren.  BabyBoy, you are going to have wonderful memories of your Granny and your Grammy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment