Thursday, June 14, 2012

Travels

Let me start by telling you about the modes of transportation that I encountered- all to get into the Grand Canyon.

First, I hoped on a plane to get me to Las Vegas. Then I hoped into a taxi to get me to the hotel. A shuttle bus drove us to the airport. Next, we took a private plane flight to the helicopter launch pad, located on mile 285, on the Colorado River.

We then loaded on river rafts that floated us down 100 miles down the river and through the white waters. The Colorado River is a class three river and we sucked rubber on a few six to eight category rapids.

Around mile 190, a speed boat picks us up to ferry us to the dock, where a motor coach drove us three hours back to Vegas. Finally, I hoped back on a commercial flight back to San Antonio. Talk about a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment