Monday, December 27, 2010

A Year of Firsts

The holidays have me at a loss for words and on an emotional roller coaster. They say that the first year after losing a loved one is a year of firsts.

We made it. (We meaning Dad and I.) Dad and I spent most of Christmas Eve and Christmas day together, either at his house, friends of the family, or at my god-parents house. It is nice having my new best friend to run around town with. He’s an ol’ guy, but I still love ‘em!

The house was quiet. Popo went back to his house for the weekend and we missed hearing the sliding of his house slippers gliding over the tile floor. The only noises came from Rambo, the parrot, saying “Oh my guad” and from the three dogs growling and barking at each other. Thankfully nothing was chewed and I am lucky to still have my replacement phone intact.

Mom’s presence was with us in spirit and will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment