Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tour de Gruene


This coming weekend is the Tour de Gruene bike ride, in Gruene Texas. Gruene is about a 45 minute drive from San Antonio with bike routes of 15 miles, 30 miles and 50 miles. Robert and I plan to ride the recreational 30 miler. This ride holds a special place in my heart because this is the first organized bike ride I ever did, nine years ago. It is an easy and beautiful ride along River Road.

The past two years this ride has been capped because of its popularity. Oh, did I mention that Lance Armstrong raced last year and won? I suspect he will race again this year because both the TTT and the ITT has been closed. The pictures is from the TdG from last year.

Update...A friend at work said that his friend from work is married to a guy that works at Mellow Johnny’s. And that guy said that Lance is in NY and NOT going to ride in the TdG.

2 comments:

  1. Lance is raffeling off some bikes in connection with the NY Marathon and Livestrong...I only I had known I could have held off and bought one.
    The last couple of years he has run the Marathon too..don't know whether he is doing it this year...Hope you and Robert enjoy the Tour de Gruene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having a fun ride today at TdG. If your weather is as nice as ours it should be beautiful. That area around the Guadalupe should be pretty scenic and a better ride this year with more paved paths. I wish I could be there too after looking at the route maps even though I am just a casual rider.
    Marge (Bob's (above) sister in Houston)

    ReplyDelete