Saturday, October 31, 2009

TdG






The Tour de Gruene ride was a chilly 45 degrees this morning. My fingers were numb and too hard to change gears. I should have put my shoe covers on but thought it would warm up, it never did.

Tom Ryan used this format to post his rides. I like it so much I think I am going to use it too.

Total miles: 31.05
Total ascent: 1129
Total calories: 1678
Average speed: 13.5
Total ride time: 2 hours and 18 minutes

As we are gearing up, Robert says to me, “Babe, slow down. You always leave me behind. Don’t race off.” It was then that I promised to stay with him for the whole entire ride. What else can I do? I feel lucky to have a riding partner that wakes up with me at 5:45 AM on a Saturday to ride is really cold weather. At the end of the ride I found myself at 38 MPH to catch him on a down hill.

There were many people who wore a type of Halloween costumes. Against my better judgment, I took a few pictures while I was riding my bike. Some more pictures will be posted on my facebook.

Tonight, we are going to Austin to parade our costumes on 6th street, along with about 100,000 other people. I am going to dress up as a flapper with a frilly red dress. I think I am going to be sore tomorrow from all the shimming I plan on doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment