Tuesday, July 9, 2013

WOW Training

Me and da mister participated in our first team training ride for WOW. We rode a relatively short ride, 50 miles, compared to the 100 miles days we will be riding in November.  The team focused on riding in a pace line and drafting.  I quickly learned that I hate being in the back of the pace line.  It is much easier to set the pace then riding at the back and feeling like you have to catch up.

 

It was a hard ride for me because it is the longest ride I have ridden this year. It was a new riding style on my new bike, and riding with a group of people we are getting to know, personally and athletically. I was pooped after the ride and needed sleep and recover. 
This week I will finish the week with 140 miles. Not too bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment