Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Play to Win

It is a popular lottery campaign: you have to play to win. You have to buy a ticket and pick numbers, in order to win. You may even get lucky with a few numbers that match, but statistically, the odds are against you. It is disappointing, almost traumatic when you get all the numbers except one.

Love is like playing the lottery. I want to take my heart out of the game because I do not want any more devastation. But, I have to play to win. In order to win at the game of love, I have to keep putting myself out there. All the while, wondering what the odds are of finding one person to match all my lottery numbers.

This is where I thought about inserting the characteristics of what my winning numbers would be when I meet Mr. Right. (I even typed them up.) However, I think that is past my comfort zone for this forum.

For now, I will stick to playing the RAGBRI* registration lottery and hope that my number is pulled for the team: Two Wheels Over Texas. May 1st seems like a long time away, but I will patiently wait the results of weather I win the lottery.

*RAGBRAI is “Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa”. A 471 miles ride, over seven days, across the state of Iowa. Barbieandherbike have a new adventure to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment