Monday, May 2, 2011

Race for the Cure, 2011

Race for the Cure, was not really a race but it is a walk to raise money to cure cancer. It’s such a worthy cause and I was ecstatic to participate in the event.

Luckily, I didn’t have to arm wrestle my sister to wear the hat Mom wore last year. If you look closely, you will see twenty ribbons on the bill of the hat. Each one signifies a year that she was cancer free.



It was a 3 mile walk and we walked right in from of the Alamo. The picture include Braden (Alexis step-brother), Alexis my niece, Angela my sister, and me! What a photo op!!

Our team name is Jugg Joggers. Check out the back of our shirts with the team name and a picture of Mom. I tried not to get emotional but a few tears rolled down my cheeks as I crossed the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment