Monday, September 14, 2009

Not So Much

Harder than expected, the sadness wore on me. I want to be strong for Mom, but this week, not so much. It is like insanity hit me and I could not figure out why. Sleep deprived, exhausted, and pensive, I realized what was wrong.

One day at the doctor’s office, I asked my mom what she wanted to do. She could not think past the office and waiting for a call back from the doctor. What I meant was did she have a bucket list. Like I have my list and she is supportive in my efforts, I want to help her complete her list. She did not get it and I do not know how to bring it up again. It is a sensitive subject and I do not know how to approach it.

Luckily, it was easier than I thought. Her doctor told her to just live her life. Travel and do things that she normally does and go places she wants to go. We may even do another cruise sometime soon. I am more relieved to have gotten that conversation out of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Barbie,

    I detest the term, "bucket list." I call my list of things I want to do, a "life list." I'll not complete my list in my lifetime, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Your mom's doctor gave her great advice.

    xxo
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Jim. I do not consider anything a bucket list. I just try to do things that I think are challenging and fun.

    ReplyDelete