Thursday, July 7, 2016

Worst Job- Ever!

The worst job I have ever had is to be the executor of my father's estate.  Each time I contact the bank or an institution, I am transferred to Survivor Services, in which they begin the conversation with, "I am so sorry for your loss."  This is were I break down and cry.  You know the ugly cry where your whole body shakes and snot drips from your nose? I cry so hard that I cannot speak the words, "Thank you".   Each time, it is a reminder that my father is not here with me any more. 

I am taking it slow.  Each day I give myself one task to do for my father.  Some days it is too difficult that I skip the next day or even the rest of the week.  I am lucky that my mister does not complain about me being sad or staying in my pajamas until noon. 

Each day I discover a new tragedy to add to the grief of loosing my father. The latest is the my father's wife (not my mother) emptied all his bank accounts and took off with all his money.  Yup, you guessed it, this is a real life version of American Greed. I am in total shock that someone could be that greedy, that someone would actually marry for money, and that someone who was so nice in the beginning had ulterior motives. 

However, I took an oath to fulfill my duties as executor to the best of my ability.  I have always said that I would honor Dad and do the best I could to fulfill his wishes.  With the strength of the good Lord above, this is what I plan to do- stay strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment