Wednesday, July 22, 2015

6 Months

Being a parent means being selfless.  If I am hungry, I put that aside and feed da boyz first.  If I am sleepy, da boyz get their baths and bed time first.  For da mister, that means driving four hours a day to work and back, so we can have food and a roof over our heads.  

If you had told me that I would be a walking and starving zombie a year ago, I may have opted out on the kid option. Now, I love waking up to my smiling happy baby boy-  there is nothing that gives me more joy than to see Nathaniel playing in the mornings.



 The best compliment I received was from the neighbor lady. She asked me where I got my baby from because she never saw me pregnant.  Well,  he grew in me.  It's like I ate food and a baby grew.  I am baffled and I remain fascinated by the miracle of life. 

These days I feel like I am in the best shape of my life- thanks to a personal trainer and a gym membership with child care. I have been on my bike a few times but child care is the hold up from getting on the road more often.  


Nathaniel is sitting up, teething, and starting to eat broccoli, cantaloupe, rice, and bananas.  He is rolling and I have started child proofing the house.  People, we are getting ready for a crawler.  

No comments:

Post a Comment