Saturday, April 12, 2014

1st Year Anniversary

April 12, 2014 is our first year wedding anniversary.  Now that we are officially past the newlywed stage we have gone from calling each other “baby” to endearingly referring to each other as “Viejo” and “Vieja”.

The first year of marriage has been agreeably the hardest as most couple report, especially since most of our relationship was spent seeing each other only on the weekends and sharing our weekends with da boyz every other weekend. There was a definite change in the dynamics of our relationship when we starting working together, sitting next to each other at work, eating all our meals together, and generally spending every minute of every day living, eating, and sleeping together. 

Three months ago, the fun was over and we both agreed that a little less together time was necessary for us to continue being so physically close every minute of every day.  Really, I am so not complaining.  (Or, am I?) This is not to say that we don’t love each other but a little more separate time was definitely in order.

Happily, I can report that we still cuddle when we sleep and it was just last week when I woke because I was having trouble breathing.  When I opened my eyes it was the mister using my chest as his sleeping pillow.  To date, I am not sure which is worse, him using my chest or my head as a pillow; since both have become common.  Did you know that an average human head weights eight pounds? Believe me; you do not want to wake up with eight pounds on your chest or on your head.

I hope to have the rest of my evening watching the sunset with da mister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment