Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Merger

Ricky and I are in the merger and acquisitions stage of our relationship. It has been a cumbersome process of identify individual accounts and merging them into a joint accounts; especially since this individual has been an “individual” for way too many years to count.

Being the self proclaimed Chief Operating Officer on the Board of Directors of this partnership; I executed my buying power to purchase home furniture and maxed out two credit cards. The magnitude of the situation clicked when I realized I ran out of money for a wedding dress. Sudden panic, hives, and hyperventilation started to overcome me.

To my comfort, Ricky posted the update on Facebook so that the whole world would be privy to current acquisition. Two days later, freak out mode has been minimized and additional funds have been acquired to start planning our wedding.

I could sit here and grip about Ricky being too involved and being more of a groomzilla than I am a bridezilla; but truth be told, he is excited. Correction, WE are excited about planning OUR life together. It is an exciting time to be transiting to a “we”, an “us”, and “joint partners”.

No comments:

Post a Comment