Thursday, October 6, 2011

Not Funny



There was a time where I wanted to write about love. You know, give you some insight to my love life in hopes that Barbie and her Bike would find love, get married, have a baby, and live happily ever after.

In truth, the story goes something like this.

I was in love and then ended up with heart broken.
Then I was in love... and then alone.
Repeat.
It seems like this has happened a few too many times. All the stories are basically the same.

I wanted to put a funny spin on the people I dated, how I meet them, and even the break-ups. But, I just ain't funny anymore. And, you know what else? Love hurts.

You might tell me that if you fall you get back up. Normally, I would tell myself that too. This time, I didn't just fall and break my handle bars. This time my frame is cracked, my wheels are bent, my spokes and gears are broken. My physical injuries are worse and my heart needs some physical therapy.

The rainbow connecting the two islands reminds me of two hearts connecting. I can see it out there but it is not in my reach. Maybe there is love above me but I haven't reached out to grab the pot of gold. Oh, I don't know what the H-E-double hockey sticks I am blogging about. The sea is full of sharks. There is no happy ending in this entry.

1 comment:

  1. You might be able to tell, this in not my norm. My horrible scope for today:
    You're usually a fun person to toy with -- you've got a great sense of humor about yourself, and you know how to take a joke. But right now you're feeling a little less game, which means that it might not be the best time to test this aspect of your personality. Unfortunately, not everyone knows this, so you can expect some weird behavior from people who are looking to play. Simply ask them to save the shenanigans for another day, when you're feeling more chipper.

    ReplyDelete