Sunday, October 16, 2011

No Monkey Business

Ol’ Herm, I don’t know how he does it. After three marriages he still says he wants two more, a wild one and one to settle down with. He will tell you he lost half of everything three times, plus two homes, and yet he still wants to do it again.

One divorce, three months of e-harmony dating, and a FB break-up is enough for me. You know what a FaceBook break up is, right? It is when you wake up one day and your status has been changed to "single" and you have been deleted as a friend. I thought I had been through enough electronic break-ups but this one had to top the list.

There is no monkey business with my heart and I want to win at the game of love. Knowing full and well that it will do me no good to bench myself and add my name to the injured reserve list, I am gathering my shattered heart in hopes that I will mend in time for the start of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment