Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My First Mother's Day

This year I have a mix of emotions on my first Mother's Day.  I totally and utterly miss my mom and wish so much she was here to see me and my baby.  I love that I have a bonus mom that loves me the way my mother loved me.  I love being a bonus mom and having two big boys who can hug me and enjoy the cookies I make for them.  And mostly, I love that I am a mom and I have a new baby that has found his feet and wakes me up at 5:30 in the morning to play with his new discovery.

Not to be morbid, but I love celebrating my mother and coming up with new ways to decorate her. Nothing is more lovely than a bed of rose pedals.  


Mother's Day is also special in a bike ride way because it is the day that kicks off the ride across America. On this day back in 2009, I started the journey that made me a new person with bragging rights of riding my bicycle from La to Boston.  Keep ridin' on my fellow CrossRoad riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment