Sunday, February 22, 2015

Motherhood

She looked at me and said, “You b!tch” after I told my friend I only had five more pounds to loose.  Yes, I said a friend.  My doctor has cleared me to get back to normal life, as long as I have the energy and a baby sitter.  To me, that means bike here I come! 


It has been once month since Nathaniel has been born and most of the time I am crazy happy.  Sleepy, but happy. Sure, I may have put a couple diapers on backward.  But to my defense, it was two o’clock in the morning, on the second night of having a new baby.  Not only that, Nate is a wiggle worm and kicks like crazy for diaper changes.

My motherly scenses have kicked up a notch and I can smell diaper changes even when Nate is wrapped in his swaddle and fully clothed.  I can also identify Jon and Joe’s footsteps as each wakes and walks down the stairs. I have become more in tune with a facial grimice saying my stomach doesn’t feel so good. 

Awe, the joys of mother hood. 


Did I already say I can get back on my bike?  Should I confess that I never really was off my cruiser bike?  Over ten years of bike experience gives me the comfort to say that, but not to my doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment