Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Roxy's Allergies

If you know Jack's, Roxy is very hyper and requires lots of play time. When she gets board, she will start chewing on her paws.  More recently, she was chewing on her right paw.  You can see the scab in the below picture.  To help keep her active and to stop chewing on herself, I have been running her one to three miles a day. A month later, she is still chewing on herself.  Finally, I broke down and took her to the vet.


 It turns out that Roxy has seasonal allergies.  Really?!  Does that really happen to dogs?! A steroid shot, antibiotics, and $200 vet bill later, I was told to give Roxy weekly baths with an oatmeal based shampoo. Two weeks later, it looks like her scab is healing nicely and Roxy is back to her usual self.  

For the past week, Roxy has been looking out the back window. I find her there at all hours of the day and night.  Two weekends ago, she cornered a possum and da mister had to intervene to break up the chaos.  This past week, we found the remnants of a squirrel upstairs.  The squirrel carcass is not pictured, only the tail. 


To date, that makes (that I have seen in my house): 

Roxy 2 and birds 0
Roxy 1 and squire 0 
Roxy 3 and lizards 0 

Now with BabyBoy on the way, I have been reading up on how to tell Roxy that there is be a baby on the way.   She cuddles next to my belly bump and sniffs out his nursery but the truth will be when we bring BabyBoy home.  Even then, I do not think the Roxy excitement will stop any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment